Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Galaktoboureko recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Galaktoboureko recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Walk up the stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get out of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will decide to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. Even if you only have a single flight to climb, climbing up and down it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about reducing your weight. It’s about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to galaktoboureko recipe. You can have galaktoboureko using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Galaktoboureko:
- Prepare 1/2 kg phyllo pastry
- Prepare For the filling
- Prepare 1 cup semolina
- Get 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Use 700 ml full fat milk
- You need 300 ml heavy cream
- Use 4 eggs
- You need 3 tbsp butter
- Take 2 tsp vanilla essence
- You need grated zest of one lemon
- Provide 250 g butter, melted, for brushing the phyllo
- You need For the syrup
- Take 700 g sugar
- Prepare 400 ml water
- Use 2 tbsp glucose syrup
- You need peel of one lemon
- Provide 1 tbsp lemon juice
Steps to make Galaktoboureko:
- Place all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil and let boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool.
- Using a pastry brush, liberally grease the bottom and sides of an ovenproof dish with melted butter.
- Brush each phyllo with melted butter and layer the first 5 into your dish, making sure the sides of the dish are also covered. Work fast, because phyllo pastry dries up very quickly. Keep the remainder of the phyllo covered with a damp dishcloth, to prevent it from drying out.
- Prepare the fillingPlace a saucepan over low heat, and combine the filling ingredients, stirring well.
- Separate the 4 eggs.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff.
- Whisk the yolks separately.
- Fold the egg whites gently into the whisked egg yolks.
- Add this egg mixture into the filling mixture and stir in using a wooden spoon.
- Add 3 tbsp butter, while stirring all the time in circular motions, until the filling thickens into a smooth, velvety and light cream. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the filling over the 5 layered phyllo sheets.
- Spread evenly.
- Layer the rest of the phyllo sheets over the filling, brushing each phyllo sheet first well with butter.
- Tuck in all the excess pastry into the sides and into the bottom of the ovendish.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top layers of phyllo sheets into squares.
- Pour melted butter over the whole surface and then generously sprinkle with cold water.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C, for 1 hour, until golden.
- As soon as the galaktobouriko comes out of the oven, and while it is still hot, spoon over the whole surface the cooled syrup. Make sure the phyllo parstry is well drenched.
- Let the galaktobouriko cool completely and absorb all the syrup. Do not cover while it is cooling, or it will get soggy.
Delicious Homemade Galaktoboureko Recipe - Greek City Times. When you talk about Greek desserts, Galaktoboureko. This traditional Greek dessert consists of numerous phyllo sheets that are sprinkled with melted butter and coupled with a light semolina custard. Galaktoboureko is a type of dessert that comes from Greece. It is made from custard that is layered between sheets of phyllo pastry.
If you find this Galaktoboureko recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.